2022 Gulf Island Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for fishing locations around Pender Island. Wallace Point, south end of Pender, any sharing?

Give Seymour point or Collision point a go.
Thank you CiscoCat.
Sorry but I don't seem to be able to find those references.
Gulf Island approximations please and I will check locations with Navionics maps

Last edited:
Thank you CiscoCat.
Sorry but I don't seem to be able to find those references.
Gulf Island approximations please and I will check locations with Navionics maps
All good. Take a look at Moresby Island. And over by Active pass. past Sydney reports. Probably best info for the area.

Plan to fish galiano this weekend... likely Porlier and/or Salamanca. Anyone out there lately?

Also, I've signed up for the March 12th derby out of mill bay marina. $60/ticket. Hope to see a good crowd out fishing that day. Glad there are some in-person derbies returning in 2022 - https://www.millbaymarina.ca/events for tix, FYI.
Haven't been out myself. Good luck

Last edited:
Plan to fish galiano this weekend... likely Porlier and/or Salamanca. Anyone out there lately?

Also, I've signed up for the March 12th derby out of mill bay marina. $60/ticket. Hope to see a good crowd out fishing that day. Glad there are some in-person derbies returning in 2022 - https://www.millbaymarina.ca/events for tix, FYI.
I’ll be out there fishing Porlier Saturday. Feel free to msg me for report.

Hi Guys, anyone seen any number of small shakers (sub 12 inches) in the last month. We are looking for sampling sites as usual sites have dried up (PIT tagging project)

Slow afternoon for us yesterday around salt spring. Started at tent, then booth bay, then beaver pt but no keepers for us in 3 hours of fishing. Tried chovies and spoons but just dragged up the odd rockfish / ling. Tough results but lovely day to circumnavigate salt spring

popped into porlier for an hour on our way back to van and had 8 undersized in that time. Some very close but no keepers. Chovies and spoon equally productive. Wish I had more time to find a legal fish or two but gotta get home for Super Bowl.

Saw a white kingfisher with about 10 dudes jigging their little hearts out right inside of Porlier this afternoon. Apparently this is a regular occurrence in there, says my buddy. Anyone ever report them? We were just flying through so didn't have a chance. What would they be fishing for?

Saw a white kingfisher with about 10 dudes jigging their little hearts out right inside of Porlier this afternoon. Apparently this is a regular occurrence in there, says my buddy. Anyone ever report them? We were just flying through so didn't have a chance. What would they be fishing for?
Whatever bites, seen them at one of my secret ling holes. Didn't care for that at all. I haven't reported them but if I see them there again I most certainly will.

Greenlings, Cabezon and other sculpins are open year round. Daily limit is 8.

Crazy... I've never caught one while hammering lings in that same spot.
I was here last Sunday. Caught one greenling while targeting Cabezon. Then caught a bunch of flounders just north of the RCA. Picked up our prawn and crab traps near Thrasher Rock. Don’t ask me if it is worth it but the tug is the drug, even if it is just flounders. That being said, if you see dudes hitting rock fish or lings out of season, then definitely call DFO. Here is a pic of the two huge Dungeness crab we picked up on the trip.

Attachments

• 5EECE079-26EC-42EA-8693-8C44DA3E9BF4.png
    5EECE079-26EC-42EA-8693-8C44DA3E9BF4.png
    688.8 KB · Views: 116

Ive seen that boat a dozen times or more. In rockfish, from upper Gulf islands all the way out in from of Sooke. Ive seen them offload several coolers before as well. I gave them a fook you one time. Pretty sure they were busted once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back