2021 Winter Harbour Reports

Post your 2021 fishing reports here!
Island guy usually get out to Alberti and Nootka
Heading out winter harbour first time early May —- trying something new
Has Anyone been out this year ?
Any tips or info one should know for this time of year?
any info would be appreciated
Thank you

Thank you
Thank you
In front of island and into Grant bay, 100-150 ft of water, sand bottom. Troll close to bottom or bottom.

Thank you
Check out previous year reports.

Thank you
Head SE off the light house for a few KMs lots of bottom structures that should be holding Ling and halibut. Pay attention to the wind WH is some of the roughest water I’ve fished really tight swell. Not sure about chinooks haven’t fished that early for salmon.

I know a buddy working forestry who was out on the boat last week. Lots of small bites 3-5 pounders near kains. all i know

Well apparently no one wants to share there reports from WH! We will be there Friday for 7 days of hali, ling, chinook, and sable fish! I will report back. Anyone else heading that way during that time feel free to radio us on 12.
AfterhoursIV - we'll be there tomorrow thru Monday on the same program. I'll try hailing you on 12 and swap some live intel out there. I'll (Peter/Swells) be in a 28/black & silver thunderjet pilothouse and a couple of other glass boats. Were camped out over at Oli'. Cheers

AfterhoursIV - we'll be there tomorrow thru Monday on the same program. I'll try hailing you on 12 and swap some live intel out there. I'll (Peter/Swells) be in a 28/black & silver thunderjet pilothouse and a couple of other glass boats. Were camped out over at Oli'. Cheers
Ya roger that Peter, see you there! We will be at Oli’s as well. See you friday. Good luck.

Well apparently no one wants to share there reports from WH! We will be there Friday for 7 days of hali, ling, chinook, and sable fish! I will report back. Anyone else heading that way during that time feel free to radio us on 12.
Sorry, I never ended up going. I was expecting the travel restrictions to be lifted.

We’re heading out on a Friday to Monday excursion, I’m hearing not many salmon in the area, hoping the weather and swell cooperates so we can get out far enough in my 18’ to get some Hali and ling. I’ll make sure to do a report up for the following week. First time out in winter Harbour, wish us luck!

Hey AH
We just did 2 full days of bottom fishing
4 of us. Limited out ! Water sat for us both days off shore. No anchor needed. Smaller swim baits and large herring was all we had
Worked equally ! Good luck
Was our first time too
Oli looked after us
We’ll be back for sure

Ya roger that Peter, see you there! We will be at Oli’s as well. See you friday. Good luck.
Hello After Hour 1V We fish beside each other a couple of years ago on the tuna grounds . I am interest in what kind of outrigger poles you have and how long are they . I have 2470 pursuit with the mounts already there on the roof just need the poles..You may remember the picture of my boat one of your crew took it that day

Back