2021 Port Hardy Reports

serengeti goes where the fish are im sure you will get full limits of everything. they even like to tac in very tight circles to keep you on the fish.
Well the three days on the water with guide Thomas was phenomenal. Three of us came home with our limits of bottom fish and springs. Dave and Heather and Dave Jr run a superior operation. They are excellent top notch people that truly care about their clients. It's no surprise that they are so successful. The accommodations and meals were second to none. I highly recommend to anyone wondering about whether it's worth the money to go on a guided trip these are the people you want to go with. Five gold stars for Serengeti.

Was up in the spring and had a great week fishing and was thinking about doing a fall trip to look for some halibut. Anyone have any info on fishing in the fall? Any chinook still kicking around ? Any information would be great.

I'll be up end off September doing some work for a few days. Is there any fishing in the bay worth hauling my Kayak up for for after work. Or any good shore fishing spots for a evening?

I'll be up end off September doing some work for a few days. Is there any fishing in the bay worth hauling my Kayak up for for after work. Or any good shore fishing spots for a evening?
i would say there should be some big old Northerns kicking around. Getting to Daphne or Duval would be quite a workout in a kayak though. Hardy Bay is deceivingly big

Some good size coho, small springs and chum will be around.

Launch from Scotia Bay and it is not that far to some OK fishing along the north shore of the bay.

Drive out to the airport and launch to fish the flats out front for halibut (would be a lot of fun if you hook one.....) as well the mouth of the Keogh R for coho. Same as Cluxewe.

Take a short drive over to Rupert Arm for some good coho action as well as dropping a crab trap for some fresh crab.

Bring the Kayak and do some exploring, you never know what you might catch.

Cheers

SS

How is the winter fishing around echo islands and surrounding area for lingcod and halibut?

I am hoping to spend 3-4 days in port hardy before the lingcod season closes out (likely early november).

thanks!

Echo Islands will be closed to lings and rockfish as that is area 12. Halibut is hit and miss that time of the year as is the weather. That being said you never know until you try. Watch your regs as area 12 and 11 are different.

Echo Islands will be closed to lings and rockfish as that is area 12. Halibut is hit and miss that time of the year as is the weather. That being said you never know until you try. Watch your regs as area 12 and 11 are different.
Think they’re open

Attachments

• 96147C44-6AB5-4FE0-9AD8-5F5B6139DEC8.png
    96147C44-6AB5-4FE0-9AD8-5F5B6139DEC8.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 33
Only 12-14 which is way North near area 11 is open into November. The rest of 12 is now closed (Sept). Echo Islands is way South of area 11 and and 12-14.

Back