2021 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and choose a name that reminds me of my boat. Does it bother anybody that I am using StormTrooper as my name?
A long term member was Stormtrooper on here for years. He has left the site so the name is “open”. You might get a few interesting comments

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and choose a name that reminds me of my boat. Does it bother anybody that I am using StormTrooper as my name?
The original Stormtrooper had his moments. It's weird how you miss some of these guys.

Last edited:
The original Stormtrooper had his moments. It's weird how you miss some of these guys. No matter how batshit they were
I didn’t find him batshit. Just had some different ideas not a bad thing IMO. Also a very knowledgeable fresh and saltwater fisherman who painted up some wicked plugs.
Welcome to the site S trooper sorry dont know that area but lots of spawn right now so lots of food for salmon might be tough to get any bites

I didn’t find him batshit. Just had some different ideas not a bad thing IMO. Also a very knowledgeable fresh and saltwater fisherman who painted up some wicked plugs.
Welcome to the site S trooper sorry dont know that area but lots of spawn right now so lots of food for salmon might be tough to get any bites
No you're right. I quite enjoyed his contributions for the most part. I wasn't talking about him specifically being that way.

This derail has gone on long enough. Storm Trooper was no longer in use and someone new has joined the forum and chosen that moniker. He is welcome to keep it or not; totally up to him and we are happy to have him as part of our fishing community. Now, back to fishing reports.

Unfortunately I didn't make it out this year to jig some herring up off french creek like I normally do. Seemed like there was lots to go around. Saw a few pics on Facebook of some winters off the humps just bounce the bottom as usual.

Hit Young Point for some C&R yesterday while the traps soaked, been on fire there, lots of fun. Got stopped by DFO’s zodiac, looked like they had launched from a bigger Coast Guard cutter as I saw it later, it said Fishery Enforcement on the side of the cutter. Zero prawns after a 3 hr soak. Only small ling for me at Sangster. A Chinook about 15lbs took my Norwegian Jig on the way down on one of my attempts. That was interesting to say the least.

Attachments

• D6680495-CDCF-4891-89FE-9FDF769653BB.jpeg
    D6680495-CDCF-4891-89FE-9FDF769653BB.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 177
Hit Young Point for some C&R yesterday while the traps soaked, been on fire there, lots of fun. Got stopped by DFO’s zodiac, looked like they had launched from a bigger Coast Guard cutter as I saw it later, it said Fishery Enforcement on the side of the cutter. Zero prawns after a 3 hr soak. Only small ling for me at Sangster. A Chinook about 15lbs took my Norwegian Jig on the way down on one of my attempts. That was interesting to say the least.
Beautiful fish! Aren’t they all though...

Those Norwegian jigs were our go to in Newfoundland back in the day. Newfie cod, so good!!!

Back