2016 Ucluelet Fishing Reports

uclueletcharters

So far fishing has been great with the last few charters producing well. Winter feeders ( Chinook ) seem to be plentiful and halibut fishing in close good as well.

This is a great start to another great season in Ucluelet.

Below are a couple of pictures from the last few trips. The Hali was 122cm and hit 51lbs on the scale.

Lots of whales out there to view while on the troll :)

Good luck out there!
Ucluelet Charters

IMG_2280.jpeg

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (3).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (3).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 40
  • imagejpeg_2 (1).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (1).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 48
Last few trips out have required some patience, were boating Chinook on a regular basis typical cookie cutter 10 - 12lbers with the odd larger one.

Halibut fishing has been decent when we have targeted them really nice sized 40 - 70lb range not far offshore. Lingcod has been good as has the other bottom fishing.

The primary target of anglers coming out have been chasing salmon. One area will be good for a few days then it goes semi flat then you need to move to the next location and things light up again. Areas targeted have been the outside edge of the sound.

One day hoochies are taking the all the strikes next day it's spoons so you can't get lazy this time of year lol sometimes you need to throw the tackle box at them and next thing you know in under an hour you have 3 decent sized Chinook in the boat to kick off the day. Definitely a lot of small ones getting released so make sure your checking your gear on a regular basis so your not dragging a runt around all day :)

Beautiful weather great guests certainly enjoying an excellent start to the season.

Thanks for the report. I'm hoping to get over on May long weekend, which would be early for me. Had some August, 2015 Ukee hali for dinner tonight- poor man's lobster- excellent. Would you mind posting or pming the phone number of the boat storage place in Ukee again? It got lost in the re-load before I got around to calling.

Looked quickly to pm you but gave up lol numbers 250-726-8713 I will ask around for some other options as well and let you know if any other options pop up.

Also just noticed Island West is offering trailer storage $4/day or $90/month

Last edited:
Thanks. I leave my trailer at Island West when my boat is in their marina all the time. Not sure I would want to leave the boat there when I am not, or if they even do that.

Bottom Fishing trip the yesterday, beauty day on the water with great folks. Got there limit of various cod species and 3 good sized lings :) All not far from the harbor.

Last few trips have been bottom fishing but next few coming up are Hali and salmon trips will report back.

IMG_3381_zpsbfrohqnn.jpeg

Last edited:
Heading to ukee next weekend was wondering are the springs starting to show and how busy the docks are right now for mooring. Thanks in advance.

Good to hear! Reports I've heard is that the Mara, Great Bear and Alley areas have been very slow this spring, whereas they are usually pretty consistent in May. Beg is on the doorstep so doesn't get much better than that!!

Cheers!

Ukee

My wife and I fished out of Ucluelet Monday and Tuesday. We caught one spring around 12 lbs near the red can buoy on Tuesday. Monday fished Beg ,Great bear and between Chrow and Beg . We did got one hit in 3 hours of fishing. Not steller fishing for us.

florencia and long beach have been producing bigger 15-20 lb fish

Did Big bank sat. 4 springs and aa few coho plus our halibut. Very very spotty. Most boats were lucky to get a spring. No bait anywhere.
Did southbank today. Very very slow got 4 smaller springs.
Flo, inside, longbeach and wya fished very slow the last couple days. Not the usual june fishing. Feel lucky to come home tubbd out on springs, hali and lings.
Probably a half dozen guide boats at big bank who got nothing

I caught 5 springs this morning at lighthouse bank. All deep on army truck glow hootchies. 5 - 15 lbs. And a 10 lb halibut.

Fishing has been hot and slow but definitely boating fish.

Decent sized salmon and some nice halis in the mix. Can't seem to post pics on here anymore so you will have to check out my fishing reports page until I get this sorted out.

Salmon are stuffed with bait, one day spoons next day bait, next day hoochies lol and depths they are all over the place one day deep next day shallow certainly have to work some days to get them but they are there :)

Good luck out there everyone!

Back