2016 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Fishing Reports

So much nicer than what was previously there. Hard to tell but are there bumpers along side of the new docks?

Will be alot safer also. Last year I saw one person fall through the "dock" on the left side once when a rotten plank snapped. looked painful...

Did the launch itself get fixed and dredged? Docks look great. 1 for launch and one for retrieve

What a fantastic upgrade! Should make launching and hauling much easier and less stressful............

Not only a private business but I believe a sovereign nation so-no accountability to us-maybe band members. Let's not go down this road-I was there when it was free and put in by I believe the GR fish and game-probably with help from the mills. So -what are the options-cougar creek over the beach after a very nasty road, Tuta marina after a bit extra nasty road, Moutcha bay has a ramp-again gravel road in and some steep grades which are mostly paved and then Tahsis which is a free pretty good ramp. If you are willing to go to Moutcha bay then the tow to Tahsis from there is the easiest part. Right now I do 6 or 7 trips a year of 2 nights duration which costs me 35 a trip if I park on the road (arguably most expensive in the province). What would it take to make me drive to Tahsis??
The others aren't really an option I would consider! The road is about 60% paved now and has been improved and the steep sections are (90% paved or very upgraded.) I'll still be using it (the ramp} at the present price-I may grumble but the price of changing is greater. What the FN have to realise is that if the price continues to escalate then alternatives may show up such as a new ramp or dryland storage and launch say at Tahsis and you just drive to your boat. Money always finds a way. So lets hope the new ramp works out, The FN saved the money and they didn't have to borrow to build it-because if they borrowed they will be looking for higher prices . I will probably go back to Winter Harbour like I did in 2000-fewer people-ramp and parking is 15 dollars and I stay an extra day-there are always options and every business has to contend somehow with them-these guys are no different!! LOL
thanks for the info SF-we have a cabin booked in Esperanza so am thinking of driving to Tahsis instead of our usual launch at Gold R . my 26' is about 10,000 lb incl trailer- any thoughts on the road to Tahsis this summer?

thanks for the info SF-we have a cabin booked in Esperanza so am thinking of driving to Tahsis instead of our usual launch at Gold R . my 26' is about 10,000 lb incl trailer- any thoughts on the road to Tahsis this summer?
Haven't been this year but they improve it every year! I 'm not sure driving a boat that heavy is your best option-we were talking hypothetically if the FN raised rates-haven't heard what they are charging yet. Driving is an option-it's doable but I still think that Gold river is the best bet as long as things stay the way they were and the don't start jacking parking and launch prices.

Back