2003 monaro 24exl alaskan bukhead

cpt.ahab

2003 monaro 24exl alaskan bulkhead

2003 MONARO 24FT EXL HARDTOP, PILOTHOUSE.
CUSTOM INTERIOR SLEEPS FOUR.
POWERED BY A 5.7L VOLVO PENTA WITH DUO PROP LEG.ONLY 425 HRS!! SUPER ECONOMICAL,CRUISE AT 26MPH AND BURN 6GPH. LOADED WITH ELECTRONICS
*2008 ROADRUNNER DUAL AXLE TRAILER WITH, FRESHWATER BRAKE-FLUSH.
*RACOR FUEL FILTER/WATER SEPARATOR
*SPARE SET OF PROPS
*YAMAHA 6HP KICKER WITH REMOTE GOETZ HYDRAULIC STEERING.
*COLOR GPS CHART PLOTTERS WITH RADAR.
*RAYMARINE RLC70 PATHFINDER RADAR/GPS/DEPTH SOUNDER
*RAYMARINE VHF RADIO WITH DIGITAL SELCAL
*RAYMARINE S60 DIGITAL DEPTH READOUT
*GUEST TWO BANK AUTOMATIC SMART CHARGER
*DEEP CYCLE HOUSE BATTERY, ONE 12 VOLT DEEP CYCLE START BATTERY
*LEWMAR 1000 WINDLASS WITH HELM REMOTE CONTROLS
*BENNET TRIM TABS WITH HELM POSITION INDICATORS
*CLARION AM/FM CD PLAYER
*NOVACOOL 12V REFRIGERATOR/FREEZER
*ISOTEMP STAINLESS STEEL HOT WATER TANK
*HOT & COLD PRESSURE WATER WITH STERN SHOWER
*JABSCO MARINE HEAD, WITH OVERBOARD DISCHARGE
*NEW SUMBRELLA FULL CAMPER BACK IN 2008

CUSTOM TEAK INTERIOR AND SNAP IN CARPET. SLEEPS TWO IN THE VEE BERTH, DINETTE MAKES INTO A SINGLE BUNK AND ONE PERSON SLEEPS IN AFT BUNK . METICULOUSLY MAINTAINED AND IN MINT CONDITION, $49,000 CAD

778 928 5932 OR
trader_9955@yahoo.com

Cheers...Ahab

Attachments

• Running Offshore.jpg
    Running Offshore.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 272
  • trailer 3.jpg
    trailer 3.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 092.jpg
    092.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 263
  • 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 248
Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at one of these a few years ago and they are a nice boat but way to small of a fuel tank. Good luck !

Hey BH.. It's got a 41 gal tank. The kicker is plumbed into the main tank.Gives about 5 1/2 hours range,with reserve fuel.
Perhaps the one you looked at was modified somehow. These boats have a wicked hull design that gives an incredible ride and fuel efficiency.
The one photo is taken about 20 miles off Beale.We run out to the bank and back easily, plenty of range in my books.

I have the 21 exp with 4.3l volvo d/p. Good hull we go of Ukee every year. Go 30+miles per day still have lots of gas. The 24 would be that much better. A good boat for someone who buys it.

I'm a couple of weeks away from finishing my rebuild project of my 18.5' Double Eagle. I still want to buy a 21 or maybe a 24 Monaro!

The aft bunk is in the cockpit. Which is fully enclosed by the camperback. The filler cushions make into a single bed that can sleep a guy upto 6'6".This is where I sleep when there is four on the boat.

Attachments

• 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 125
With a 40 gallon tank and a fuel burn of 6 GPH that only gives you about 30 gallons usable (5 hours) as you should always keep 1/4 tank in reserve plus you don't want to be sucking up the last 1/4 tank. I just didn't want to have to fill up every day to go fishing. IMO a boat with a V8 needs at least 10 hours at cruise RPM plus reserve. Just not enough fuel for me. Good luck selling - your boat looks good.

Very good looking boat!
Any idea of the LOADED weight, and how well does the Yami 6 horse push it?

Hey Labman...the gross weight of the boat loaded: with enough fuel,water,gear,etc,for a trip will be about 5000lbs. Boat and trailer for towing will be about 6200lbs.

The yammi 6 does a fine job. Wide open it will push the boat about 7 knots. No problems with trolling, we use it offshore in the swells and current and it does fine, the Goetz steering makes it a snap to use.

Hope this helps..Cheers

Thanks for the response, I was just wondering about the 6 horse for my boat, seems like most guys are running 8 and 9.9s and I was thinking the 6 was under powered for that size boat. I need to rethink the whole kicker size purchase again.

Ya,'the six works fine. I suppose it all depends on price point and what's
available out there in the used market.The little Yammis are pretty
bulletproof regardless. If you can find a high thrust prop, that really helps.
Good luck with your search.

Back