2 stroke oil on sale

AlK

For your information, those that need 2 stroke oil (TC-W3). West Marine has it on sale, 1 US gal @ 14.99.

I am not associtated with WM and just thought I would pass on the information.

Moderator's if this post is in appropriate, please delete it.

Where do most of you guys go for two cycle oil? I have been looking for it "in bulk" but have only been able to find one litre bottles, or occasionaly the 4l jugs. Does anyone sell 5 gallon pails? Thx

How is the quality of west marine oil. The mechanic that worked on my friends merc last week did not recom
mend it.

Depends on the motor. I have a 225 optimax and run merc oil, its expensive but fouling plugs is not cheap either. If it is a pre-98 2 stroke I would run westmarine or whatever is cheaper, but with todays direct injected 2 strokes I would run dealer oil.

Where do most of you guys go for two cycle oil? I have been looking for it "in bulk" but have only been able to find one litre bottles, or occasionaly the 4l jugs. Does anyone sell 5 gallon pails? Thx

Canadian tire sells the 5 litre jugs. Something like 23 bucks. It's usually the best deal out there. As long as the oil says TCW3 and NMMA certified it's as good as you need for any carb 2 stroke. DFI 2 strokes almost always need a specialty oil.

Save one of your old 1 litre oil bottles, go to cdn tire and buy a 5 litre jug and a funnel. Saves money big time over the season.

Hi, I have a 225 Optimax as well. I was wondering where you purchase your oil and also what brand of marine starting battery do you have? Thanks

I run AMSOIL HP full synthetic for my opti,smells much better burning at idle and approx half the price of Merc. DFI oil.Call Amsoil and order a case or 2 of the gallon jugs.Shipping is fairly cheap to Van-isl.

I use the West Marine oil and alls fine the the 200HP, Ocean Pro !!!
I will be at West Marine tommorow loading up on it , like noted above make sure your engine and the product is TCW3
THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP AlK !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back