2 24" Scotty Electric Downriggers

These are unusual being only 24" boom, they are great for a smaller boat. I've used them on my 17' aluminum for the past five years and had no problems with them. I replaced the line with braided last year($150), and put a new plug and counter on one of them. They both come with the rod holder and gunnel mount. I am selling because I just bought a bigger boat and need riggers with a longer boom.

ASKING $375 for the pair.

Tight lines!

Keep the riggers, and change booms maybe ? I know they have used a couple different sizes over the years.... may be worth looking at.

Keep the riggers, and change booms maybe ? I know they have used a couple different sizes over the years.... may be worth looking at.

I think you have to be careful on some of the older riggers when changing out booms that
they are compatible.
I tried on an old style 24"x1" model and the newer 60" booms wouldn't work.

I did look at changing the boom, but I have a friend who is willing to sell me his long arms for a reasonable price. I figured to save a little bit of money it wasn't worth the hassle.

ya Kelly, I just bought a 21' Zodiac with a 2' aluminum pod on the back. I am currently looking for twin 75 or 90 hp motors, if you know of any at a reasonable price please let me know.

I think you have to be careful on some of the older riggers when changing out booms that
they are compatible.
I tried on an old style 24"x1" model and the newer 60" booms wouldn't work.

You need to switch out the base too for the newer 1 1/4" booms. Scotty did mine a couple years ago for 65 each complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will go to $325, but that is as low as I can go.
Thanks for the post, let me know what you think about $325
If you want to take a look at them, that would be no problem, my phone # is 250 240 3321

Back