Light Jensen Flash Fly's

Have ran it a handful of times for chinook, no dice. Everglo ghost, 36" leader. Worked really well coho I found this fall.

Yup. Bought a couple of them 5 years ago when they were new... and they demolished Coho off West Van in 2012... hit a Chinook on one too. The hooks are crap. The green one did a number in the Pinks too in 2013. Got them for dirt cheap at Army and Navy in a whim when picking up stuff for the big rig. I don't have any in my box now but if I were looking to add gear they are worth it.

The nice lady at the fishing/capaccino store in Ukee sold piles of the white glow in 2015 (lots of squid around). Last year it was the Maverick spoon (baby rockfish year).

@Hookin'up won't take me calls anymore. I think we're "on a break". :p
lol too funny! @Pippen
last time I took a call from you if you remember correctly you hung up on me...something about GOTTA GO, reels on fire;)

those flash flies are ok at times but the Ace Hi is uh...Muuuch better in the deep waters on a short leader,
some of the biggest fish my boat has seen came on an Ace hi

Last edited:
lol too funny!
last time I took a call from you if you remember correctly you hung up on me...something about GOTTA GO, reels on fire;)

those flash flies are ok at times but the Ace Hi is uh...Muuuch better in the deep waters on a short leader,
some of the biggest fish my boat has seen came on an Ace hi
I can't find my list where I wrote down the #'s @Hookin'up

Flash fly ghost outfished cut plug herring and anchovie teasers a couple years ago on our boat. they were dynomite. always have a few in the tackle box.

lol too funny! @Pippen
last time I took a call from you if you remember correctly you hung up on me...something about GOTTA GO, reels on fire.

Neither of us should feel bad about that.

I do have a few Ace's in the kit. They are pretty sexy and forgot to go back to the Chandler booth @boat show as they had a basket full for a good price.

There are 6 more Flash Fly colours sold in Canada. 1500, 1502, and 1504 UV all work well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 8.23.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 8.23.32 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 135
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 8.27.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 8.27.40 AM.png
    481.6 KB · Views: 115
The purple haze has done not bad for chinook around Kitty for me. Not this summer (2016) but the year before.

There's a lot more I'd go to before a flash fly though.

What sort of leader lengths are you guys using? I caught a lot of nice Chinook on the white one last season. 3.75 flasher wraps to the hooks is my go to leader length.

Back